Wednesday, January 9, 2008

First Post

I never thought I would do this. Actually start my own sports blog. I intend to write specifically about baseball but I may dabble in other sports. I have read sports blogs for years and finally the prodding from one of my friends convinced to start one. I'd like to keep this short and I will add more about me later in the "about me" section.

For starters I love baseball and have an extreme affection for the New York Yankees. I currently live in Seattle but grew up in Up State NY, and basically became hooked when the Yankees won the 1996 World Series.

This blogging stuff is new to me and I am not quite sure the exact format that will follow in the post to come. However I suspect I will be heavily influenced by several of the blogs I read on a daily basis ( at least until I get my feet wet or think of something better.) I think a fair amount of my post will copy one of the best sites on the web, http://www.firejoemorgan.com/, and comment on piss poor sports writing/broadcasting. Yes I know, unoriginal, and I can never be nearly as funny as them; but hey there's plenty of bad sports reporting to go around for all !!

I will also add my two cents about various current events in the world of sports. Some of my other influences are Rob Neyer, Keith Law, and Joe Posnanski to name a few. I tend to analyze the game from a sabermetric point of view. This turned out to be a bit lengthier than I wanted it to be but I just wanted to get my story out there .....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

way to get it started finally!

Jason @ IIATMS said...

Don, Congrats on getting started. As a newbie myself, I've found it addicting and exciting to see the traffic spike.

Good work. I'll add a link on my site; feel free to do the same if you like mine.

http://itsaboutthemoney.blogspot.com

Rob said...

Congrat Don... remember me when you're famous and have good tickets! I'll be a regular...

Anonymous said...

donald.. i'm impressed ! love mom